This Giving Tuesday, you can double your impact for kids!
It seems like every year, stores start to open earlier and earlier on Black Friday, inching ever closer to Thanksgiving Dinner. In this age of intense Black Friday deals and even the adoption of Cyber Monday, I’ve been delighted with the introduction of Giving Tuesday, a time to give back.
It’s a chance to donate to some of my favorite organizations, helping them help others. But I must admit that it can get a little overwhelming to sit down and figure out what organizations and causes are worthy of my support. I’m always stuck with questions like: Who should I give to? Who is making a real difference? Where would my contribution do the most good?
The truth is, there are so many amazing, groundbreaking organizations doing much needed work in our world. How can you narrow it down?
The answer: Look for proof of impact.
This year, Save the Children Action Network has worked with our network of volunteers, high school and college students and supporters to help children live, learn and thrive. With the strong support from our donors, in 2018 we were able to:
- Help elect three governors who ran on expanding early learning. We are starting to deepen our work with Governor Gina Raimondo (RI), Governor-elect Michelle Lujan Grisham (NM) and Governor Phil Scott (VT) to expand preschool and child care in their states.
- Help pass Proposition 1 in Seattle to expand high-quality preschool for low-income children in the city.
- Double funding for child care assistance at the national level.
- Increase funding for Head Start.
And these are just a few of our victories for kids.
As we build up to 2019, we are working to:
- Fight back against President Trump’s proposed 5% cut for all departments. This would have disastrous impact on programs that help kids, like Head Start, child care assistance and after school programs.
- Educate newly elected members of Congress about the vital importance of investing in programs here at home and around the world that give kids the futures they deserve.
- Hold new governors and state lawmakers accountable to their promises to expand quality preschool, home visiting and other programs that help kids start kindergarten ready to learn.
Our 2019 agenda is ambitious, but together with our generous supporters, we know we can make the policy and funding changes needed to transform kids’ lives. And throughout our Giving Tuesday campaign, your impact will be doubled! Thanks to a big-hearted supporter, we are able to match all contributions up to $25,000.
Will you please chip in today? Because it will be doubled, even a small donation will go a long way. Thanks!